Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bonding huzzah!

So Janet and I talked briefly about this. But I would love to see our Sims Street family bond more. I think we've all been so swept up with everything we've forgotten several of us didn't know one another before even moving into the house! 

I think if we are truly going to grow and achieve anything with this house we have to have a solid foundation. While we have a rock-solid foundation of God, I think our next level is the relationships we have with each other at home. 

Meetings can be tedious, and while they are can be awesomely productive and we achieve a lot ... I'm not sure how much bonding is going on there. :)

And I'm talking about fun things! Lets think of exciting things for people to do together in the house. We're just going to have to suck it up and realize that everybody isn't going to be able to attend everything or we'd never do anything. 

But even if half us could do something together regularly, I feel it would be so positive for us. I dono, this is just me talking, so maybe you feel differently or think we are all already close :) and I'm just crazy - which is a complete possibility at this point in time ha. 

So, if you think this is a good idea. Awesome let's start making a list of things like, soccer (ok maybe just Mel and I will like that one) midnight picnics, game nights, I don't know haha I attempted to google ideas for about an hour at work and came up with like the lamest things :)

I don't know, you tell me. Maybe I'm just feeling a strong need to bond with people in the house :) 

4 comments:

Weston said...

I think we all bonded well during those dinners. All of us sitting around a table singing and talking about things. It was a lot of fun and we felt like a family. So you can start expecting me every Sunday and I'll come over and cook dinner.

Another thing that got tossed around was a camping trip, which I think would be a lot of fun. We just need to talk about when we want to go and get some planing out of the way (tents, food, etc).

Weston said...

Oh and I'm so in for soccer and game nights. You just have to tell me when and I'm there. I have to say I really miss you guys and since I don't actually live there anymore I feel kind of weird just barging in.

Anonymous said...

Weston, you can barge in all you want. Tyler and I have plenty of room with our beds pushed together if you want to stay the night....

mel said...

Yeah, i could use some bonding. Or, house dates as it were. :) :)